Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mission At Dawn

Place: Hebron, Israel
Time: 22:00, Friday night

As I walk into the room, not a sound could be herd.
They lay in their bunks, sleeping.
Preparing for the mission to come.

I met this group earlier in the day as they were setting up their base camp.
The men came across as relaxed yet focused,
Cordial yet unwavering and clear about procedure and protocol.
Like every group of enlisted men, they were highly motivated and deeply committed to the same ideals.

The night was young, but determined and disciplined they had retired early, well aware of their mission at dawn.
A sense of a seriousness that could almost be touched, floated trough the air of the room.
Each one, even in his sleep, was preparing for the upcoming task come dawn.
Each one, was determined to be ready,
Each determined to show that all the training had made them ready.

The oldest of group, with experience written between the lines of his brow, slept at the entrance of the room.
It was his way of insuring, come dawn, all will go as planed.

The next morning I awake
The sun had already risen deep into the morning sky.
I look around the room,
The beds are empty.

The class of Bresslov Bochorim had silently left at dawn; to embrace their mission of Davening Neitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment