Dress shoes polished, waiting patiently in my closet, for the chance to be flaunted,
My pressed styled shirt untouched, waiting for the night which it will be worn and appreciated,
Ideas, beliefs and aspirations, thought through and rehearsed, waiting for the chance to be heard and responded to.
Cafes, restaurants and intriguing places, found, checked out and documented, now waiting to be experienced with another............
Places that are tasteful and private, yet not uncomfortably so,
Places that say I have the sensitivity, ability and class to find a spot that meets the unique requirements needed for dating in the "Shidduch world."
References called, Shadchanim met,
Prayers composed and bequeathed,
Prayers recited and reiterated time and time again.
All while waiting for a date night to come........
Waiting for the chance to wipe the dust of my dress shoes which has steadily collected while I wait for suggestions to be maid and ideals to collaborate,
Glancing at my pressed shirt and wondering when will be worn, next week, next month, ever? or should I just wear it today; now, and leave the planning alone for awhile?
Finding the courage to believe that the darkness doesn't imply that there is no hope,
That the loneliness doesn't mean that there will be no light,
The darkness only suggests that the light hasn't reached me yet,
The light is making its way towards me,
Steadily,
Each day coming closer, hoping that I keep attracting her light by waiting optimistically for my date night to arrive.
This is waiting for a date night.
No comments:
Post a Comment