Monday, October 28, 2013

My Mirror, My Camera lens: My Constant Honest Review

Mirror, mirror why are you so truthful,
My polygraph, my inner compass, my constant honest review
When I struggle, when I experience pain,
You show me that you know what I have transpired
When I thrive, when I excel, when I feel elated,
You show me right away that you recognize my gains.
If I try to hide my inner world, you manage to detect my lies…
A smile a little less wide, eyes a little less bright, complexion a little less radiant…
You read me like an open book.
All your tools to let me know that you are following my journey…
Showing me that each happy thought, each triumph is noted and accounted for.





Your brother the camera is not any less astute at reading me through and through.
Like a powerful x-ray machine, each snap captures my inner most state.
Happy, elated, proud, confident, concerned, preoccupied, worried, fearful, or pained,
Each snap reaffirming for me where I am holding on my journey.
Feeling vulnerable that I’m so quickly exposed,
Feeling gifted that I get to dance such an epic duo of emotions and body being one
Showing every fall, every emotional triumph, every happy thought, every inner stride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment